Thioplast™ EPS is an epoxy-terminated polysulfide type with low viscosity. The introduction of epoxy-termination into the polysulfide structure results in the formation of a unique polymer which combines the excellent properties of Nouryon's polysulfides Thioplast™ G with the most desirable features of epoxy-resin systems.
- Good weathering properties
- Excellent adhesion to most surfaces
- Primerless adhesion on many substrates
- Elastic behavior withstanding vibrations and joint movement
- Reduced tension in material joints
- High impact resistance, including low temperatures
- High stability with regard to thermo cycling
- Chemical resistance to oil, fuels, dilute acids, alkalis, solvents and sea water
- High speed curing at ambient temperature
- High flexibility
Depending on the field of application, Thioplast™ EPS can either be used alone or in combination with conventional aromatic glycidyl ethers and other epoxies.
- Adhesives for steel and aluminum, concrete and automotive
- Corrosion protection coatings for marine, chemical plants equipment, pipelines etc.
Containment coatings made with epoxidized Thioplast™ EPS prevent fuel, chemicals and solvents from penetrating into contaminating soil. These coatings can also protect windmills, pipelines and ships from corrosion. As a non-toxic material Thioplast™ EPS is ideal for contact with food and potable water.